Thursday, May 01, 2008
My friend and former college roomie Kris, and fellow preemie twin/CP Mom Melissa, tagged me to do the 7 Random Facts thingy. I've done something similar before, but hey, I can always think of more weird or random things about me:)
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Random Facts About Me:
1. I took piano lessons for 6 years (age 9 until about 14), and 6 years of Spanish classes (7th grade through sophomore year of college, on and off). I was no prodigy, but pretty good at both. I also played the violin and flute for a while, and played 2 years in my high school band.
2. I am addicted to Tim Horton's french vanilla cappuccino. In the summer I switch it up with the iced cappuccino. Yum. My favorite beer is Blue Moon, and favorite mixed drink is the vodka tonic. Favorite shot is the lemon drop, you know, sugar, vodka shot, lemon. There are a lot of lemon drops in my past. Now it's a once or twice a year kinda thing:)
3. My mom and aunt teach a "quilt-in-a-day" class several times a year. It's a ALL DAY thing, from 8am until 11pm, and I am pretty obsessed with HAVING to finish my quilt in a day, because I know if I don't, I never will. I have made, hmmm, 5 or 6 quilts in a day. The only one that took longer was my king-sized bedspread. I made that one before I was pregnant with the girls. With the exception of being able to sew a straight line, I don't consider myself very crafty at all.
4. I hate to cook. I can make a few things quite well, including spaghetti, burritos, and chili, and while they all taste yummy, I have to admit that seasonings and sauces almost always come out of a package. Someone asked once for my spaghetti sauce recipe...well here it is: Brown ground beef, add some garlic, onion, salt, and pepper, open can of Prego and pour in, mix. To add calories for the girls, I add a pat of butter and some parmesean cheese, and voila. Hey, my kids like it.
5. Before kids, I was really interested in midwifery, and did training as a volunteer birth doula. I attended one birth as a volunteer, in addition to being at the births of my sister's three girls. After my pregnancy, and the drama that ensued with their birth, I've lost interest in it. I wonder if I will ever do it again. On the one hand I still marvel at the wonder of "natural" uncomplicated pregnancy and birth, on the other hand it's still kinda emotionally painful to see others experiencing what I will never have. I wish it wasn't, but it is.
(My lack of interest is solely for volunteer doula-ing. I am still highly interested in attending the births of my family and close friends. Feel free to invite me. Hint, hint.)
6. I am NOT a morning person. If given the option, I would go to bed around 1am and sleep until noon. I can nap any time of day and still sleep soundly at night. I love to sleep. Holland is the oddball in our family. She pops up out of bed at 8ish bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. When I have to wake her up earlier, she is just as cheerful. Eden, on the other hand, is more like us. It's hard to get her up in the morning. On days I work, she'll sleep right through a diaper change, getting her coat on, and loaded in the car, and won't wake up until I am getting her out at my mom's. She'll sleep until noon if I'd let her. On lazy weekends, I can get her up at 11, put her in bed with John, and they will both sleep until noon together. The only person who is LESS of a morning person than me is DADDY.
7. I love real life crime stories. I have read books about the OJ Simpson trial, Scott Peterson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson. I also watch those true crime stories on TV. I don't know why I find it so interesting. I guess it's the psychologist in me. I like to ponder what makes people do the things they do. Serial killers just fascinate me, what can I say?
There! How's that? Now you more about me than you ever cared to know! My 7 people will be Donnie, Allison, Shannon, Kristin, Jacolyn, Melanie, and Angela. Do it if you'd like. I, for one, would love to know more about you:)
Posted by Billie at 11:40 AM