I am thankful for so many things; my children and the joy they bring, my amazing family (especially my mother who loves me and helps me out in so many ways), our health, our jobs, a comfortable house, and so much more than just what we "need."
I am also so very thankful for my husband and the amazing connection that we have. As with any relationship, things are often far from perfect. We have obviously had our share of trials and tribulations. We have had the usual stresses of any relationship, and then some... We argue and we get really annoyed with each other. We get angry and hurt, and we fight. But through it all, we have persevered, and I can truly say that I love my husband more now than I ever have. Even if it sounds cliche, I feel that our trials have brought us closer, and have made us stronger as a couple than we may have been otherwise.
In many, many ways we have always been perfect for each other....and we still are.
I have been meaning to do a post like this for a loooong time, but just haven't made the time to sit down and actually do it. I find myself waiting for the right occasion...his birthday, our anniversary, Father's Day...but then those days come and go and I don't get around to it. So, I am doing it today.
Thanksgiving. A day for giving thanks.
So, John, these are Ten Things I Don't Hate About You!
(Or Ten Things I Love About You...whichever you prefer)
10. I love that you email me links to articles or information that you find online that you are interested in and that you think I might like to read.
9. You help with the cooking and dishes, and you pick up after yourself. You also help me with my tech problems and take the garbage out!
8. Your passion for music. I love that you play in bands and are so driven to create. I love that you buy new music for me and care about what I like, and that you are introducing our girls to music. I especially love listening to you play Hannah Montana on the guitar and that you learn all the lyrics and sing along just to inspire our kids.
7. The way you smell.
6. You always remember special occasions, even things other guys might think are cheesy (like the anniversary of our first date and sweetest day) and I love that you sometimes bring me flowers and cards for no reason at all!
5. You are the most honest and trustworthy person I have ever met. I love the security I feel in your love for me, and that I have never had one moment of doubt regarding your dedication to our relationship and to our family.
4. You are 100% a hands-on dad. You are *present* with our girls...completely involved in their care since day one, from waking in the night, changing diapers, feeding, bathing...everything. I can leave them with you on my (rare) girls' weekends with my friends and never worry for a second. You do it all, and you do it at least as well as me...sometimes better.
3. You play. I play too, but you have infinitely more patience for it than I do. The girls are so excited when you get home from work, or when the weekends come, because they know you will think up the coolest, most elaborate games to play with them...from obstacle courses, superheroes and villains, hidden clues and mysteries to solve, and secret agent notes to decipher...they love to play with you, and I love to watch the three of you together(when I am not playing myself)!
1. I love talking to you. After 16 years I still feel like you are my best friend and I enjoy your company. We still have things to talk about, and we see eye-to-eye on the majority of life's most important issues. I always sense that you feel the same. I feel like you value my opinions, you listen to me, and you help me to always remember the big picture.
The big picture is that we are still "meant to be." You are my soul-mate and I am so very thankful for you!