We had a really fabulous weekend. On Friday night we modeled in our Sixth Annual Fashionable Growth Fashion Show, helping to raise money for the NICU where Holland and Eden were born. We got to wear some really awesome clothes and spend time with some really great people, all while supporting a cause that is dear to our hearts.
On Saturday we spent some QT with one of our NICU friend's family. Their son also has Cerebral Palsy, and we had the great fortune of running into them at the CLC this past summer and getting to know them a little bit better. It really is amazing to be able to connect with other CP families. There's just that little extra immediate depth to the relationship because they are the ones who truly "get it."
Then, on Sunday we took the girls to the circus for the first time! We all really enjoyed the show - including the dogs in tutus, the high wire act, the flying trapeze, and the stunt people shot out of cannons. Very cool. I also personally enjoyed my $12 cotton candy. Except for the fact that it cost $12. Just before the show started we ran into one of our old school friends, there with his family, and went out to dinner with them after the show. Bonus!
It was a fabulous weekend. But today...not so much.
John and Eden were (are) mildly sick with some kind of stuffy nose thing for a few days last week. It started for Holland sometime over the weekend, but wasn't much of a concern until today. Today the wheezing started like we haven't heard for a looooong time (like October last year). I noticed it a little bit after school, but it didn't start to get really bad until dinner and progressed pretty quickly. I got ahold of the doctor and started her on some oral steroid before bed. She also had 2 albuterol treatments fairly close together. At bedtime she was overly tired and hopped up on albuterol, which always makes everything worse, and was pretty much sounding like a train wreck. We decided to put her to bed and see what happened (because sometimes once she relaxes and falls asleep her breathing gets better). After she was down I started mentally preparing for a trip to the ER, thinking it was pretty much inevitable. But I just went up and checked on her and she is sounding much better and breathing a lot more quietly and evenly. So for now we're on the fence. I'll probably keep checking her through the night and try to let her get a good night's rest, then take her to her pediatrician tomorrow. I just really, really, REALLY hope that we can make it till tomorrow.
The hospital does not sound fabulous. At all.