I've been tagged by Abby to do a Crazy Eight meme. I think I'll do it, because I never get to talk about myself!
I have to post these rules before I give you the facts:
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
EIGHT RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I was raised as a Pentecostal. I was not allowed to wear pants, cut my hair, wear make-up or jewelry, watch television, go bowling, go to the movies, listen to rock-and-roll (etc...) as a child. I was never very good at it.
2. John and I were co-valedictorians of our high school graduating class. We were also voted "cutest couple." I don't tell many people that...it's kind of embarrassing, but really quite funny! So now you know!
3. Beans are one of my favorite foods. I love all kinds of beans, refried beans, kidney beans, bean soup, black beans, green beans... Much to my husband's dismay.
4. I got teased a lot in school because of my name. "Billie's a boy's name!" "Billy goat." "Billy boy." That sort of thing. I used to hate my name and told people it was short for Belinda. It's really not short for anything, it's just Billie. I was the third girl and was named after my father. I've grown to love it.
5. We love to travel. John and I went to the Costa Del Sol in Spain for our honeymoon. We stayed in a little village called Arroyo de la Miel, where almost no one spoke English. I took 6 years of Spanish in school, but found that I actually couldn't speak a lick of it. By the end of the second week I was catching on a bit, but by then it was time to come home! We have also been to Amsterdam, Italy, Austria, and Germany together. We really love Europe. It's harder to travel with the girls, but we will. There are a lot of places in th US that we still haven't explored. I really want to do some of the National Parks as a family.
6. John and I have been a couple for almost 14 years. Our wedding anniversary is July 24th, and we will have been married for 9 years. Next year, for our 10th anniversary we are going to take a big trip without the girls. We are considering Hawaii, Australia, or London and Paris. I had thought about doing an all-inclusive resort, where we could just relax, but I'm not sure that's our thing. We really like to explore and go on adventures. You can only drink so many Mai Tai's on the beach.
7. I just found out that my Mirena IUD is causing ovarian cysts. I'm thinking about having it taken out, but I HATE birth control and I don't know what else I would try. Hormones suck.
8. I don't know if I would/could/should have anymore kids, but I do have their names picked out. I have a baby name obsession. When I look at the kids I have I really think I should try for more. At least they would be cute!
I can't think of eight people to tag who might actually want to do it and haven't already, so I am going to tag a few of the people I know IRL: